If you're looking for online tools that already do this then check out these tools:
Types of Text Line Breaks
Line breaks in text are generally represented in three ways as either \r\n or as \n or \r. The first type of line break (\r\n) is usually created on a windows computer, the second (\n) on Linux and the third kind of line break (\r) on an Apple computer.
In order to remove line breaks from text we must deal with all three types of line breaks as typically your text could come from any of those sources.
//We define the text variable that needs to be cleansed of line breaks.
someText = someText.replace(/(\r\n|\n|\r)/gm,"");
The "gm" at the end of the regex statement signifies that the replacement should take place over many lines (m) and that it should happen more than once (g).
If for instance we got a column of text from a pdf and we just removed the line breaks entirely we might wind up with words and sentences that run together and are hard to read like this:
Here is a sentence.This sentence runs into itand unfortunately we aremissing some spaces.
Which of course should read like this instead:
Here is a sentence. This sentence runs into it and unfortunately we are missing some spaces.
In order to do this we will update our example by replacing all the types of line breaks with a single space like so:
someText = someText.replace(/(\r\n|\n|\r)/gm," ");
Removing Extra Spaces from Lines
//Replace all double white spaces with single spaces
someText = someText.replace(/\s+/g," ");
Remove Line Breaks Example
The Most Popular Tools
- Random Word Generator: Generate a list of random words. Great tool for brainstorming ideas.
- Random Number Generator: Generate some random numbers in a specific number range.
- Random Sentence Generator: Create random sentences for creative brainstorming.
- Remove Line Breaks: Remove unwanted line breaks from your text.
- Random Choice Generator: Let this tool make a random decision for you.
- Convert Word to HTML: Automatically convert word contents to HTML code.
- Text to HTML: Quickly change plain text into HTML paragraphs.
- Alphabetical Order: Alphabetize lists, or other text content with this tool.
- Capitalize the First letter of Sentences
- HTML Table Generator: Generate the code for a simple HTML table.
- Word Counter: Count the number of words in your text.
- Remove Duplicate Lines: Remove duplicate lines from a text file.
- HTML Compression: Compress HTML contents into a smaller size.
The Newest Tools
- HTML List Generator
- Random Password Generator
- Word Counter
- List of Common Words
- Remove Extra Whitespaces
- Uppercase or Lowercase Text
- Remove Duplicate Lines
- Brainstorm a Website Name
- Random Nouns Generator
- Random Adjective Generator
- Convert Decimal to Binary
- Country Dropdowns Code
- HTML Text Generator
- Convert URLs to HTML Links
- Convert CSV Text to HTML Table
- HTML Character Encoding Tool
- Encode URL