Remove HTML Tags from String
Instantly remove html tags from a string of content with this online tool. Enter all of the code for a web page or just a part of a web page and this tool will automatically remove all the HTML elements leaving just the text content you want.
If you need to remove HTML tags then give it a whirl - it works pretty darn well at stripping out those unwanted HTML elements.
How to Remove HTML Tags from Text
Generally it's preferable to use an approach that leverages the DOM in a graceful way to find and remove the HTML content over an approach that just uses Regular Expressions to find and remove HTML tags.
The Problem with Using InnerText
Using the jaavscript innertext property to remove HTML tags unfortunately doesn't work exactly how I wanted it too so I had to sweeten the deal with some regular expressions to get the text output I wanted.
The big problem, for me, with using innertext to remove html tags was that it would remove script tags but leave the contents in-between the opening and closing script tag in your text content. It also did the same for style tags in those instances where you might encounter some on page style rules.
Although optional, I also added a regex to make the output more readable by getting rid of excess multiple line breaks. It just made the output format a bit more readable.
Anyways if none of these are deal breakers for you then I would just say use the innerText property to remove html tags from your web content. Otherwise you'll need to use some regex to remove the HTML tags.
The Most Popular Tools
- Random Word Generator: Generate a list of random words. Great tool for brainstorming ideas.
- Random Number Generator: Generate some random numbers in a specific number range.
- Random Sentence Generator: Create random sentences for creative brainstorming.
- Remove Line Breaks: Remove unwanted line breaks from your text.
- Random Choice Generator: Let this tool make a random decision for you.
- Convert Word to HTML: Automatically convert word contents to HTML code.
- Text to HTML: Quickly change plain text into HTML paragraphs.
- HTML to Text: Remove HTML tags, leaving only text content.
- Alphabetical Order: Alphabetize lists, or other text content with this tool.
- Capitalize the First letter of Sentences
- HTML Table Generator: Generate the code for a simple HTML table.
- Word Counter: Count the number of words in your text.
- Convert URLs to HTML Links
- Convert CSV Text to HTML Table
- Remove Duplicate Lines: Remove duplicate lines from a text file.
- HTML Compression: Compress HTML contents into a smaller size.
- Random Decision Maker: Generate a random decision with this app.
- The Rules of Plural Nouns: Entertaining explanations and many plural examples
- Generating Random Words: An article about how generating random words can inspire fresh new ideas
The Newest Updates
- Remove HTML Tags from a String
- Online Sentence Counter
- Character Counter Online
- Add Line Breaks Online
- Title Capitalization Tool
- Title and Description Letter Counter
- HTML Text Generator
- HTML List Generator
- Reverse Text Generator
- Random Password Generator
- Random String Generator
- Word Counter
- List of Common Words
- Remove Extra Whitespaces
- Uppercase or Lowercase Text
- Remove Duplicate Lines
- Brainstorm a Website Name
- Plural Noun Generator
- Random Nouns Generator
- Random Adjective Generator
- HTML Character Encoding Tool
- Rules of Capitalization in English