Random Decision Maker
This random decision maker will give you a perfectly random response to any question you might have. Please note this is just for fun – don’t use this tool to make any major life decisions.
I created this little random decision app to generate a variety of interesting response along with the usual yes, no, and maybe type of answers. This decision maker is just for entertainment purposes but hopefully some of these answers I picked are illuminating to the problem at hand.
I certainly had fun making this thing and I hope you have fun using it figure out how to make simple yes or no type of decisions. It works similarly to something like a Magic 8-Ball but with different answers from that "fortune-telling" toy.
How to use the Random Decision Maker
It's super easy to use, just think about your question and then push the button to generate an answer to your dilemma. The answer will appear immediately in the box just above the button.
Making Decisions with Randomness
Taking a walk and letting the traffic lights determine where your walk goes is a perfectly harmless way to use randomness - depending on how safe your neighborhood is.
Using it for more complex decisions should be approached with far more caution. If you are really torn between two decisions, sometimes flipping a coin for a choice can be helpful. The answer often becomes apparent during the flip.
The pressure of an imminent decision being decided by the coin often makes your brain focus and deliver an answer. It’s a little psychological trick that can help you decide between two options.
Ways to Make Decisions
One of the important factors in making a decision is figuring out what you’re really thinking. Here are a couple suggestions to keep in mind when weighing options.
- Ask the Lazy Question. You just sat down at the table to have supper and you briefly think about how the food would go well with hot sauce but you decide not to get up and get it. The question you should ask yourself before making that decision is “Am I being lazy?” In other words am I rationalizing my decision and saying I don’t need the hot sauce or am I just being too lazy to get up and walk ten feet?
If the answer comes back as “being lazy” then make your decision be the one that isn’t lazy. Make it be the decision you really want but requires some effort. This question can surprisingly apply to lots of different situations.
- Long Term vs Short Term Decisions. One of the ways in which we sometimes make wrong decisions is in choosing the option that delivers quick results instead of choosing the answer that delivers better results but on a much longer time frame. Sometimes you need to be able to move towards something without reward for a long time. Again, making your inner dialogue clearer will help here.
Being able to see your own thought process and navigate that decision tree efficiently will help you make better decisions. Decision often don’t rely on facts but instead they rely on clarifying how we really feel about the facts of the situation. I hope between this advice and the random decision maker you come to a reasonable conclusion.
Is it a Holiday Today?
Find out at our new website: All Holidays
Random Decision Maker is also available in German (Zufallsgenerator), French (Décideur aléatoire) and Spanish (Tomador de Decisiones Aleatorio).
Most Popular Text Tools
- Remove Line Breaks: Remove unwanted line breaks from your text.
- Random Word Generator: Generate a list of random words. Great tool for brainstorming ideas.
- Alphabetical Order: Alphabetize all sorts of text content with this tool.
- Text to HTML: Automatically change plain text into HTML paragraphs.
- HTML to Text: Remove all HTML tags, leaving only text content.
- Online Sentence Counter: Quickly count the number of sentences in your content.
- Random Choice Generator: Randomly pick a choice from a list of options.
- Reverse Text Generator: Create social media posts or any text in reverse text.
- Remove Duplicate Lines: Remove all of the identical lines in your content.
- Paragraph to Single Line: Convert any multiple paragraphs to a single line.
- Random Word Generator
- Random Sentence Generator
- Random Noun Generator
- Random Adjectives Generator
- Random String Generator
- Random Letter Generator
- Random Decision Maker
- Random Number Generator
- Random Password Generator
- Random Choice Generator
Line Break Tools
Fun Text Tools
Text Changing Tools
- Capitalize the First letter of Sentences
- Uppercase or Lowercase Text
- Remove Spaces Online
- Capitalize Each Word
- Remove Numbers from Text
SEO and Word Tools
- Word Counter
- Sentence Counter Online
- Character Counter
- Title Capitalization Tool
- Meta Description Length Checker
Content Conversion Tools
- Convert a Word Doc to HTML
- Convert Word Doc to Text
- Convert Plain Text to HTML
- Convert URLs to HTML Links
- Convert CSV Text to HTML Table
- HTML to Text
HTML Code Generators
- HTML Table Generator
- HTML List Generator
- HTML Text Generator
- Email HTML Code
- Remove HTML Tags