Random Decision Maker
This random decision maker will give you a perfectly random response to any question you might have. Please note this is just for fun – don’t use this tool to make any major life decisions.
I created this little random decision app to generate a variety of interesting response along with the usual yes, no, and maybe type of answers. This decision maker is just for entertainment purposes but hopefully some of these answers I picked are illuminating to the problem at hand.
I certainly had fun making this thing and I hope you have fun using it figure out how to make simple yes or no type of decisions. It works similarly to something like a Magic 8-Ball but with different answers from that "fortune-telling" toy.
How to use the Random Decision Maker
It's super easy to use, just think about your question and then push the button to generate an answer to your dilemma. The answer will appear immediately in the box just above the button.
Making Decisions with Randomness
Taking a walk and letting the traffic lights determine where your walk goes is a perfectly harmless way to use randomness - depending on how safe your neighborhood is.
Using it for more complex decisions should be approached with far more caution. If you are really torn between two decisions, sometimes flipping a coin for a choice can be helpful. The answer often becomes apparent during the flip.
The pressure of an imminent decision being decided by the coin often makes your brain focus and deliver an answer. It’s a little psychological trick that can help you decide between two options.
Ways to Make Decisions
One of the important factors in making a decision is figuring out what you’re really thinking. Here are a couple suggestions to keep in mind when weighing options.
- Ask the Lazy Question. You just sat down at the table to have supper and you briefly think about how the food would go well with hot sauce but you decide not to get up and get it. The question you should ask yourself before making that decision is “Am I being lazy?” In other words am I rationalizing my decision and saying I don’t need the hot sauce or am I just being too lazy to get up and walk ten feet?
If the answer comes back as “being lazy” then make your decision be the one that isn’t lazy. Make it be the decision you really want but requires some effort. This question can surprisingly apply to lots of different situations.
- Long Term vs Short Term Decisions. One of the ways in which we sometimes make wrong decisions is in choosing the option that delivers quick results instead of choosing the answer that delivers better results but on a much longer time frame. Sometimes you need to be able to move towards something without reward for a long time. Again, making your inner dialogue clearer will help here.
Being able to see your own thought process and navigate that decision tree efficiently will help you make better decisions. Decision often don’t rely on facts but instead they rely on clarifying how we really feel about the facts of the situation. I hope between this advice and the random decision maker you come to a reasonable conclusion.
The Most Popular Tools
- Random Word Generator: Generate a list of random words. Great tool for brainstorming ideas.
- Random Sentence Generator: Create random sentences for creative brainstorming.
- Random Number Generator: Generate some random numbers in a specific number range.
- Remove Line Breaks: Remove unwanted line breaks from your text.
- Random Choice Generator: Let this tool make a random decision for you.
- Reverse Text Generator: create social media posts or text messages in reverse or mirrored text
- Convert Word to HTML: Automatically convert word contents to HTML code.
- Text to HTML: Quickly change plain text into HTML paragraphs.
- HTML to Text: Remove HTML tags, leaving only text content.
- Alphabetical Order: Alphabetize lists, or other text content with this tool.
- Random Decision Maker: Generate a random decision with this app.
- Capitalize the First letter of Sentences
- HTML Table Generator: Generate the code for a simple HTML table.
- Word Counter: Count the number of words in your text.
- Remove Duplicate Lines: Remove duplicate lines from a text file.
- HTML Compression: Compress HTML contents into a smaller size.
The Newest Tools by Category
Text Fixing Tools
- Remove Line Breaks
- Add Line Breaks Online
- Remove Duplicate Lines
- Paragraph to Single Line
- Remove Extra Whitespaces
- Uppercase or Lowercase Text
- Unscramble Letters to Make Words
HTML Coding Tools
- Remove HTML Tags from a String
- HTML Text Generator
- HTML List Generator
- Convert URLs to HTML Links
- Convert CSV Text to HTML Table
- HTML Character Encoding Tool
Word & Language Tools
- Word Counter
- Title Capitalization Tool
- Page Title and Description Letter Counter
- List of Common Words
- Plural Noun Generator
- Random Nouns Generator
- Random Letter Generator