HTML Search Box
On this page I'll show the 4 most common search box examples in use today. The HTML search box code is included so that you can easily use these examples to build a search form on your website.
The search bar for a website is typically located on the upper right side of the page so I've added a float right style and the search box itself generally follows a style like one of these four search examples listed below.
These are mainly visual examples, you'll need to hook them up to a search engine to process the search queries. You can set the search form method parameter to use whatever script you want.
HTML Search Box Example
Standard Search Bar with some Basic CSS Style Enhancements
I've eliminated the bevel, added a gradient, rounded some corners so that the text input box and search button form one nice styled package together. The submit button also has a nice little subtle color change on hover. The rounded corners and etc for this search bar rely on CSS3 and so if you're using an old browser the appearance won't be exactly identical as something more modern but it will be a fully functional fallback rendering.
Grab the search form html code below. I have included both the necessary html and the css in a whole page example that you can easily use.
Placeholder Text in Search Box
This example is very similar to the code above but here we also have some default text in the search box and this text will disappear once a user clicks in to enter text for their own search.
jQuery search placeholder text version
See More Search Bar Examples
The Most Popular Tools
- Random Word Generator: Generate a list of random words. Great tool for brainstorming ideas.
- Random Number Generator: Generate some random numbers in a specific number range.
- Random Sentence Generator: Create random sentences for creative brainstorming.
- Remove Line Breaks: Remove unwanted line breaks from your text.
- Random Choice Generator: Let this tool make a random decision for you.
- Convert Word to HTML: Automatically convert word contents to HTML code.
- Text to HTML: Quickly change plain text into HTML paragraphs.
- HTML to Text: Remove HTML tags, leaving only text content.
- Alphabetical Order: Alphabetize lists, or other text content with this tool.
- Capitalize the First letter of Sentences
- HTML Table Generator: Generate the code for a simple HTML table.
- Word Counter: Count the number of words in your text.
- Convert URLs to HTML Links
- Convert CSV Text to HTML Table
- Remove Duplicate Lines: Remove duplicate lines from a text file.
- HTML Compression: Compress HTML contents into a smaller size.
- Random Decision Maker: Generate a random decision with this app.
- The Rules of Plural Nouns: Entertaining explanations and many plural examples
- Generating Random Words: An article about how generating random words can inspire fresh new ideas
The Newest Updates
- Remove HTML Tags from a String
- Online Sentence Counter
- Character Counter Online
- Add Line Breaks Online
- Title Capitalization Tool
- Title and Description Letter Counter
- HTML Text Generator
- HTML List Generator
- Reverse Text Generator
- Random Password Generator
- Random String Generator
- Word Counter
- List of Common Words
- Remove Extra Whitespaces
- Uppercase or Lowercase Text
- Remove Duplicate Lines
- Brainstorm a Website Name
- Plural Noun Generator
- Random Nouns Generator
- Random Adjective Generator
- HTML Character Encoding Tool
- Rules of Capitalization in English